Advertise

Friday, June 20, 2008

The Midas Touch

I read the story of Midas when I was in my primary school.I used to read it again and again. I was flabberghasted, as how God could grant such a wish to Midas-turning everything he touches into gold.Finally his food also turned into gold.This is the moral of the story.
In Cameron Highlands, Malaysia,I saw the same course of action, though in a different comfiture.It is a retreat for the Malaysians. The weather is pleasant. The flowers beckons while we negotiate the cuves, The huge trees wave to us,as if they are giving a rousing welcome.This Is what I expected. This is what I enjoyed two decades back.
But ,to my dismay,all these fascinating pictorials are absent today.
As you reach KG Raja, you see no flowers, no greenery, but espy the poly sheets that cover the nursery. White sheets,scatterd all over.
Every single stem, every flower,everyshoot fetches money.The flora and fauna is grown in Cameron ,exported to Holland,Japan,Australia.
It fills Malaysia's coffers,but drains the beauty of the land.
The dangling ,beautiful flowers are grown in Malaysia.
They are a feast to the eyes of Japanese, Australians.
True a modern Midas is in the offing

No comments:

Ads