Advertise

Friday, May 1, 2015

The Solomon Grundy

The family business in my part of the country, rather the participant being my own cousin has made enormous wealth in a short time. Has been in the high profile aviation industry. he started the airlines with a bang. being in his early twenties he became a successful business magnet.  He has his eyes always on the air and his nose too correlates with his eyes.

An achiever all throughout, he managed the business with a modular knack. His airlines supplied the best food. The staff were courteous and the service was exemplary. With my fingers on my nose, I use to stare at this young man as I compared myself with him. I, past my middle age, could not make both ends meet while here is a gentleman who mints money in a sway.

All that glitters is not gold goes the maxim. One fine morning, as usual I sat down on my patio to browse through the newspapers. My eyes got stuck at the headlines. The bold letters displayed the wily acts of my cousin, who had rigged and had done feats (pardon me for using the word) that had put the banks and other financial institutions that have lent liberally in a quandary. Still he spoke with a confidence and stated that there were no anomalies in his transactions.

To cut matters short, the news appeared daily for some months about his manipulations. To nobody's surprise,
the airline came to a halt.  I recall the rhyme of Solomon Grundy, who was born on Monday and finally got buried on Sunday.






No comments:

Ads